Roof repair is a necessity when you are a homeowner. Repairs run the gamut too. Sometimes, it’s a storm that causes the damage. Other times, it’s just normal wear and tear through the years. We recommend that when you need roof repair in Minnetonka, you give us a call. We are professionals and are fully licensed and bonded. But if you want to get on your roof to inspect it for damage, here are a few safety tips you should follow.
- The weather is a huge factor in whether or not it’s safe to get on your roof to see if it needs roof repair. Make sure it’s not too hot out, make sure it hasn’t recently rained and make sure there is no rain in the forecast.
- Wear rubber-soled shoes so there is less of a chance that you will slip.
- Carefully inspect the gutters. Sometimes, it is easier to see them if you are on a ladder instead of from the roof. If your gutters are backed up, that can create the need for roof repair.
- If you see anywhere on your roof that has dry rot, this is definitely a repair that needs to be done by roofing experts like the ones at Eastern Roofing & Siding.
- Check the shingles around the flashing, gutters, any skylights you might have and the slopes of the roof. These areas commonly have leaks and sometimes can be easily damaged.
- Check the nails that hold the shingles down. Make sure they are secure and not working their way through the shingles.
We highly recommend that you get roofing professionals like us to come to your home when you need your roof inspected to see if it needs roof repair. We are fully trained and know how to safely access, walk around on and inspect your roof.
For more information on roof repair in Minnetonka, call Eastern Roofing & Siding at 651-238-1313 or contact us for a Free Quote.