When the roof of your Inver Grove Heights is in a state of disrepair, you might be wondering whether it’s best to opt for repairs or to choose to have the entire roof replaced. Whether it’s roof replacement or roofing repair, Inver Grove Heights homeowners need to be cautious about the decision they make. One of the best resources you can use in order to make this determination is to have your roof inspected at least twice a year.
Roof Inspection: Why & How
Taking the time to check your roof for defects and areas of concern will notify you of issues to be aware of, or whether it’s time to phone up an Inver Grove Heights roofing contractor, like Eastern Roofing, to have your roof repaired or replaced. Being mindful of your roof can help save you from having to pay for highly expensive repairs or a costly roof replacement.
When looking at your roof, use a good pair of binoculars. Defects you’ll want to look for include:
- Missing Shingles
After the visual inspection, you’ll want to deepen the investigation into the inside of your roof. Check for signs of distress, like trails of water or rotting wood. Moisture can damage finished or painted surfaces, so look at these areas for bubbles and cracks.
Determining Whether to Repair or Replace Your Roof
If you find the roof of your Inver Grove Heights home is damaged, you need to have it repaired before these minor issues lead to expensive headaches, i.e. water damaged and mold. The final determination of whether to repair or replace your roof will most likely come down to cost, but you’ll also want to think about the following:
- Repair costs can vary greatly, depending on roof and size of the repair.
- Sometimes, it will make more economic sense to replace the entire structure over another repair.
- Most homeowners recoup over half of the replacement cost in the value it adds to your home.
- Advances in roofing technology and materials have lead to lower energy costs, which also add to the value of your home, and helps to the roof to pay off itself.
- Replacing your roof offers you a perfect chance to update your roof to include products that are more resistant to fires, freak weather events, the elements and more. Having these can help you to save on your homeowner’s insurance policy.
Not sure whether to repair or replacing your Inver Grove Heights home’s roof? Give us a call at 651-238-1313 or Request a Free Quote.