No matter what kind of siding is on your Edina home, you want to make sure it stays looking its best for as long as possible. We’re siding experts, and we have a few suggestions on how to ensure your home’s siding continues to look as good as new for as long as possible.
- Do not wash wood siding! Water could make it decay, chip, bow or expand, and none of this is good for it.
- Use a soft car-washing brush and your garden hose to wash off dirt. Try to use as little water as possible to get it clean.
- For soap, you can use a mild household detergent or one that is specially made for wood. Wash it from top to bottom to keep the lower area wet. This will help prevent detergent lines.
- Be sure to rinse the cleaner or soap off thoroughly.
- After it is rinsed, be sure you dry it from the top down with a clean and soft towel.
- Vinyl siding should be washed at least once a year. Use a garden hose and clean it the same way as wood. Start from the top and work your way down and use a mild soap.
- Make sure you use a soft cloth as well. You can also use a long-handled soft-bristled brush.
- You can also use a power washer on vinyl siding, but be careful. Don’t aim the power washer upward because the water could be driven behind the siding. Make sure you keep the washer at eye level. Keep in mind that some siding manufacturers do not recommend that you use a power washer on their siding. Make sure you read all manufacturers’ instructions first.
If you follow these simple tips, you can keep your siding looking great all year round!
Do you need more information about siding in Edina? Call Eastern Roofing & Siding at 651-238-1313 or Request a Quote.