Gutters Cottage Grove
Every home needs certain exterior elements to protect it from the weather. At Eastern Roofing & Siding, home exteriors are our specialty! Of course the main things people notice on the outside of a home are the roof and siding. However, another important element to protect the home are the gutters and eaves. Without these, water would run off the roof and down the side of the house, causing damage and drainage issues. Although it’s not a lot of fun thinking about gutters, they should not be neglected.
If your home needs gutters in Cottage Grove, you can call on Eastern Roofing & Siding. We install, replace and repair various types of gutters. We will make sure all exterior elements of your house work together to protect it from water damage. We will also help match the gutters to your home’s exterior for a seamless look. If your gutters are leaking or not properly getting the water away from your house, we can also help.
Importance of Gutters
As mentioned before, gutters funnel water off the roof and away from your home. This protects your siding, windows, doors and foundation from water damage. Many homeowners don’t realize how much damage can occur when their gutters are clogged, leaking or broken. When gutters aren’t functioning properly, rainwater runs off the roof and collects on the ground near the foundation. Heavy rains can result in standing pools of water, which can cause numerous problems.
Gutters protect your home from the following:
- Cracked/damaged foundation
- Home or basement flooding
- Mold – This can form on side of house, in crawl space or basement from wet conditions.
- Staining exterior of home’s fascia, soffit, wood framing, outside walls, decks, patios, etc.
- Rotting/rusting of exterior building products
- Paint/siding damage
- Erosion – If water is not correctly diverted away from the house, topsoil will erode and leave the foundation vulnerable.
- Damage to landscaping
Hopefully this list helps you understand how important gutters are for your home and landscape. Not only do you want gutters on your house, but you also want to make sure they are installed correctly to divert water and kept clean from debris that can clog them and make them ineffective.
Types of Gutters
There are various types of gutters you can use for your home. The exterior materials and the style of your home along with your personal preference can determine which type of gutter to use. At Eastern Roofing & Siding, we install the following types of gutters:
- Aluminum – These are reasonably priced and many come with long warranties.
- Copper – These can enhance the look of your home and are easy to maintain.
- Vinyl – These are durable and not easy to dent.
- Seamless – These are installed in one piece, making less points of failure or leaks.
If you are unsure of the best type of gutter for your home, we can go over the options with you, discuss the price plus pros and cons of each. When you need new gutters or gutter repair, you can count on our professional home exterior team.
Contact Us for Gutters
If you would like more information about gutters for your Cottage Grove home, call Eastern Roofing & Siding at 651-238-1313 or contact us to Request a Quote.