The need for roofing repair in Woodbury can happen at any time of the year, but now that winter is over and spring is here, that means rainy weather is here too. Roof leaks tend to make themselves known this time of year, but there are several preventative measures you can take to keep your roof from leaking and needing roofing repairs. Here are a few suggestions:
- If your area has recently experienced any kind of extreme weather: high winds, hail, bad thunderstorms or something equally as severe, take the time to walk around the perimeter of your home. Look out for roofing materials like shingles. If you spot a lot of these types of materials on the ground, you will probably need to call us for roofing repair.
- You should have your chimney looked at on a regular basis too. If the flashing needs to be redone or if there is a problem with the chimney cap, these could cause the need for roofing repair. You should also have any skylights that you have looked at regularly too. Water can get trapped behind them and leak down into your home.
- Have your gutters checked on a regular basis too. If you are able, make sure you clean them out regularly too, especially after a severe weather event. Leaves and other debris can build up in them, causing the water that should be drained off of your roof to back up. The water can then leak into your home. If you’re tired of cleaning your gutters, you can get a covering for them. The covering will still allow water to flow through, but it will keep leaves and other debris from blowing into your gutters and causing them to back up.
- Keep an eye on your attic too. Make sure it’s properly insulated and ventilated. Look for signs of mold and bug infestations, especially termites and carpenter ants that can quickly eat their way through wood and become a huge problem in just a short amount of time.
- Finally, make sure a professional roofing company, like Eastern Roofing & Siding, comes out to inspect your roof on an annual basis. We can tell you if you need any roofing repair work done.
We hope you learned a few new things about how to prevent roofing repair.
But when you do need roofing repair in Woodbury, call Eastern Roofing & Siding at 651-238-1313 or you can contact us to schedule your Free Quote.